Friday, April 22, 2005

 

ESPN=New York Yankees/Boston Red Sox Central

Man am I tired of hearing about every little thing the Yankees do or don't do. And I am doubly tired of hearing it on ESPN's award wining Sportcenter, Baseball Tonight, Outside the Lines, Cold Pizza, etc. It seems as though ESPN is secretly owned by George Steinbrener. Oh, maybe the Red Sox own the controling interest in the network...or maybe its both. Its like the whole world cares about every single thing that is said, unsaid, not said or done by or to either of these teams. There are many more compelling stories out there. Like, say, LA Dodgers starting out so hot when all the folks there at the 'Station' said that the Giants were still the team to beat (even without Barry--which they no longer talk about b/c they are scared of him and his reaction to 'steriod conversations'). What about the Florida Marlins. Willis throws almost 3 complete game shut outs but all they do is mention it at the top of the hour then spend 5 hours talking about a mock draft put together by Mel Kiper Jr. and John Clayton (that is a yawner). I know there is no hockey but surely there are other things to talk about other than if the Yankees can bounce back after starting so slowly their first 10 games...come on there are 152 more to go...let's talk about it in September not April.

I love ESPN, but I don't love hearing about the Sox and Yanks every single show. Its old and not everyone cares. Get on to something else...like Bass Fishing!!

Comments:
Golly, my life is so sheltered. I had no idea anybody cared about all this stuff. Like when my boss gave me two tickets to the Wizards last fall. I didn't want to go but I didn't want to seem rude. Low and behold, it was INCREDIBLE. Not the actual game itself. What was GREAT was the crowd and the the dancers (those girls never stopped dancing the whole entire time). Just unbelievable! The game was incindental and somewhat unpleasant (exhausting really). Now the Wizards isn't baseball, but in my mind, it's all the same. Sox and Yanks, I have no clue. Rivalry, schmivalry. But give me a good hotdog and I might be swayed to watch an inning.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?