Tuesday, April 12, 2005

 

The Masters




Man what a great golf tournament it was!! I have watched a number of Masters tournaments but few can compare to this past one. There was rain delays, great shots and great TV coverage. I was glued to the set for every shot on Sunday afternoon. My Pepa would have been so excited!!! And at the end of the day, Tiger Woods reclaimed the green jacket. But not without being taken to the wire by my new favorite player, Chris DiMarco.

I have a new found respect for the 2nd place finisher at Augusta. I knew that he was great at the Ryder cup (he actually had the best record among American players). He seems to have no problem on some of the grandest stages in golf. Most people would and have folded under the power of Tiger (Tiger is now 9-0 when leading after 54 holes). But not DiMarco. he hung in and even sent the match to a 73 hole. It took not only great shots from Chris, but also impossible shots on the final 3 holes of regulation. Tiger's shot on 16 will probably go down as one of the greatest ever. I am convinced that we could never know, by watching TV, the difficulty of the greens at Augusta. But the greens did not seem to bother the final pairing on Sunday. It was a battle to the end. I know that Tiger is one of the greatest to ever pick up a set of clubs (has already won 9 majors before the age of 30; Nicholaus was 31 before he did that). But I believe that I was most impressed by Chris DiMarco. He has lost tough ones in the past few majors (3 on the final hole). His day is coming and I look forward to more of the what I saw on Sunday.


Comments:
Dude...Sunday was awesome! We gotta hit the links my friend!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?