Wednesday, May 04, 2005

 

Wisdom from MawMaw

I got to experience something really cool this past weekend. My sister (the youngest in our family) got married. It was a really cool ceremony with tons of family and friends. My brother and I were ushers which allowed us to sit back and watch the whole event unfold. It was really great to see family that I don't get to see very much anymore. You know when you are younger you take that for granted. Tony and I were able to seat everyone before the wedding and hang out with everyone during the reception. It was a blast!!! Tony even got to talk a little sports with my Maw Maw (my grandmother) while he walked her down the aisle to be seated. It made me laugh when he told me, but it also made me think how cool she is and how she has these little sayings that keep popping up in my mind. I would like to share a few with you...hope you don't mind Maw Maw!!
"You should eat before you get hungry"
"You should drink before you get thirsty"
"If there is thunder and lightning in February it will freeze in April"
"There is always someone that has it worse" (my personal favorite).

There is always someone that is worse off or in a worse situation than you or I. We don't like to think of it that way but it is true. I have had to remind myself of that more often lately. I have had to remind myself (again) that the world does not revolve around me. When we were making our decent into Washington Dulles airport on Sunday night, after a great weekend, it hit me. The sun doesn't really set we just keep spinning. The sun doesn't revolve around us we revolve and spin around it. I know its a corny analogy but a true one. I think there is more wisdom in my Maw Maw's saying then I realize. You see what wisdom does- it get's better with time if you allow yourself to let it sink in. We would be wise to listen to those that are wise. After all the world doesn't revolve around me. (Man do I have to remind myself again and again.)

Comments:
Chris!! I'm soo glad you and Mindy are back in town! We missed ya'll quite a lot! I'm glad you had a good time in Texas though. Talking to family and Mamaw (thats how we say it in mississippi) is the best! They do always have the best advice!
 
Don't forget:
"Sleep before you get sleepy"
"Want in one hand and spit in the other and see which one gets full fastest."
"Do you have The Headach?"
"I just piddle, but piddling turns into work."
and, "Tony is my most favorite grandson."
 
these are the funniest sayings. you should write a book of her sayings!!!!!!!!!!! i need them for my grandmotherhood yrs.
 
"You see what wisdom does- it get's better with time if you allow yourself to let it sink in. We would be wise to listen to those that are wise."
that reminds me of me and richard... I say a bunch of wise stuff and I dont even realize that its wise and then I remember it after it takes effect and its like extremely wise for that cercumstance and I feel like I should've listened to myself instead of others then I just keep listening and I still dont explain it to richard and he still underestimates me even tho he thinks extremely high of me as it is... guess I should start talking more to people
by the way, not to sound like a smart alak or however you spell it... but that should be a lesson to all of us to share knowledge to everyone cause God has given each of us with different skills and mine happens to be analyzing things and I do so differently then most people but he gave us it to share with others so they can learn and be better examples of Christ and stuff like that... lost my train of thought
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?