Saturday, September 17, 2005

 

Attitude Attitude Attitude

"I don't care what you say, I can do what I want, when I want." "You don't own me." "You are not my momma." "Why do people have to drive so slow in the fast lane." "I am really more important than you." "You think you are special, but really you are nothing more than a means to my end." "No one deserves this award more than I do." "If there was a picture of what humblness really is in the dictionary, it would be a picture of me." "I think that I am definitely the most popular, best looking, and for sure the most talented person I know." "I am the best ever."

What is the theme here? What is the attitude of these statements? Does attitude matter? What is the difference between being confident and being very very confident? I think that attitude means a lot. Now, i don't mean attitude like we would usually think attitude means. To some of us, attitude is a certain 'right' we all have and must use at will. It is like an excuse to be rude or mean or cover up for our own insecurities. No, the attitude I am talking about is like that of someone that is more concerned about the well fare of others than of themselves. It is about putting others needs before yours. No it is not easy but it is more powerful than selfishness any day.

Some things to ponder...is your attitude important to your outlook on life? Is your attitude important to your treatment of others (including family and friends specifically)? Is your attitude something that should reflect a certain mindset? Sound off...

Comments:
Attitude is king, CB. Great post.
Phil 2.

Pass the peace,
MS
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?