Wednesday, September 14, 2005

 

New Life

You know when you don't do something you have always done or go somewhere you love going for a long time, you miss those things. I have missed blogging and hearing from you about my blog. So I am back. I am going to try and blog a bit more over the next few weeks. So let's start with one about some thoughts I had begun blogging about...new life.

There is something about fresh starts that really help people have hope. When you get to start over on something that you have messed up on, it gives you a chance to do a better job (though we don't always look at it that way). But when we get a fresh start on a part of our life that we never thought we would get a chance to have, it is amazing. There is a feeling that comes along with fresh starts that can not be explained. I think everyone needs that type of feeling. I think everyone deserves a fresh start and deserve a chance to live a 'new' life. Don't you think so? Even if we have messed up and are not perfect, isn't it something that we deserve? Even if we are at a place that we think we can never over come (bad decisions that keep multiplying, bad choices that seem to come back to haunt us), don't we deserve to feel and fall into something that forgives these choices no questions asked? I think so. I think we all are in need of this type of forgiveness. Don't you? But how do we get to this place? What makes us want to be forgiven? What makes us realize we need help from a place beyond ourselves? Where can we find this freshness, this new life??? Chime in everyone....the clock is ticking.

Comments:
Good to hear from you again. I was telling Blake about you the other night. As we ate a bowl of Coco Krispies on the floor, laying on our belly. I explained that this is how daddy and Chris would eat cereal in college while watching animal planet at 1 a.m. I need a fresh start everyday. A fresh start at being a better husband, father, teacher, coach, friend - I screw all of those up everyday.
 
I need a fresh start every time I play one of those racing games on the X-Box or PSP. Those things are impossible!

Ah the floor eating, Chris that is truely one of your gifts. No matter what position Chris is in he can consume food.

Byron you could haved lived with us at the TENT and watched the 2am SportsCenter or X-Files if you weren't so concerned about studying. See Chris and I made it (this is not an endorsement for not studying so all you teens reading this, get back to homework!)

Thank you, I'll be here all week, tip your waitress.

Anyway one of the reasons I love the fall is that whole fresh start thing. I just bought my academic calendar and I was filling in all the activities and plans I have and I was really excited about this upcoming year. There is something about our nature as people to look towards better things, new possibilities that can happen tomorrow.

Good post Chris.
 
Why don't you give your blog new life and change your template...it hurts my eyes it's so ugly :)
 
Isn't it just totally awesome that God gives us a fresh start. I know for me, I mess up all the time. I also have a flaw, sin if you will, that constantly keeps me on my knees begging God for a fresh start because no matter how much I try to overcome it on my own, I can't. God is the only one who can spare me from myself.

Everytime God allows me a fresh start in this area. I keep asking him why? I tell Him I don't deserve it. And if He really wanted to He could just stick it to me becuase it would completely humbling. He has not chosen to do that yet.

So my question to you is...Why do we continue to do the sin over and over again and expect God to give us a fresh start or even feel like we have the right to ask for a fresh start?

All I know is that God is awesome and I am nothing without Him.
 
This is a great looking template - who doesn't like Burnt Orange?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?