Monday, September 19, 2005

 

New Stuff

We recently started some new things inside the Ministry I work with here. One of these new things is a class. The class is like a "What is my purpose" mixed with "How can I use my gifts" hybrid creation that will hopefully help students grow closer to God and learn to serve Him in their lives where they are right now. (man that was a long sentence) Anyway, I am pretty excited about it. But also a bit anxious because when you start something new there is always the tension of how things are perceived by others. I do worry about how I am perceived by others and also how this class may be perceived...I don't want any of those folks that decide not to take the class to feel like there is something wrong with them because they don't take it. It is just an option. At the same time, I wanted for anyone that wanted a bit deeper class to have that option as well. ramble, ramble ramble. What's my point? My point is when new things start, it is always a bit shaky. It takes time for people to get used to change. It also takes caring and prayerful consideration when you plan out new things.

What do you guys think about new things? Why do new things shake some people up so much? What is it about the newness that some people think is not right? Sound off...

Comments:
If anyone is in Christ, he is a NEW creation; the OLD has gone, the new has come. II Cor 5:17

God is always doing new things in and around us. Thanks Chris, for helping us wake up to that.

MS
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?