Wednesday, October 12, 2005

 

Organizational Freak

I am not really the most organized person I know. I am, however, organized in my own weird way. I like things to be done in a certain way, at a certain time. I guess you could say I a bit of a control freak. But I am a 'pile' person. I have stacks everywhere in my life. Stacks of papers from work, bills at home, and I even have a couple of start up piles going in my car. Every once in a while I organize the piles into smaller piles until finally putting the piles in some sort of order. I know to some of you this system would be a nighmare. But to me, it is the way I work. I sometimes wish I was more organized but just never seem to get that way--or at least orgainzed in a different way. I wonder how much this relfects my spiritual life? Do I have piles of stuff, spiritually speaking, that I let pile up and up until one day I am forced to deal with it? Is my relationship with God like that? Are my other relationships like that? Do I keep things in piles only to discover I have forgotten which pile I put them in? What do you think? Are you a spiritual piler or an organizational freak. Speak up.

Comments:
I appreciate your description. I think those of us who are spiritual pilers are souls who work from critical mass. We pile and pile and integrate and synthesize until all the information aligns to create an epiphany. I don't know why we do it that way though. Often I'd like to be the other way. I ask God to remake me. I suspect God wants me to appreciate the way I am.
 
I am a pile-maker too! It's a great pseudo-organizational tactic for those who are not by nature organized.

As for how it relates to spiritual stuff. I try to take things as they come but sometimes, I find that anger against one person will "pile up" until I deal with it. I try and repent right away when I know I have piles that need clearing, but sometimes we get so used to something, we don't see it anymore.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?