Wednesday, October 19, 2005

 

Who Can Help?

Well, I have had a huge break through thought. It is not something that I have just come up with myself and, in fact, I am a little embarrassed to have taken so long to ge to this point in my thinking. I have often wondered if there were certain requirements for people to be able to help out other people. I know that sounds weird but I wondered if only those that were Christian could truly help someone else. Well, obviously lots of people that would not consider themselves Christian help others all the time. But to go a step further, I have also acted as those only certain teens could serve in certain capacities. I am actually changing my view on this. I feel very stupid to even have thought this to begin with. I am not sure why but I am seeing things differently now. I am now going to devote a lot of my time trying to help teens find their place inside church life, inside their relationship with God and inside a ministry to others around them. (What do I mean by ministry, you may be asking--well a person I know defines it as "meeting the needs of others in love"). For example, I am not very good at certain things that are required of me in my job--like taking pictures, doing videos that would help get points of lessons across better, getting pictures up on the web faster, making sure we have plenty of information communicated about upcoming events, etc. etc....I mean the list could go on forever. But there are perfectly capable teens and adults around me that would not only be better at these things than me but jump at the chance to help out...THEY JUST NEED TO BE ASKED!!! What a novel idea. So, I am going to start asking. You can all hold me accountable to this...whether I like it or not. I have gone too long trying to do it all by myself because that is what I thought my job is, but my job is to help others serve God and serve those around them. Jesus helped his disciples by teaching them to serve then giving them opportunities to serve. He is a great example. I want to be more helpful to others by giving people chances to serve. This is my new goal. This my new idea..well one that is long over due. Let the serving begin!!

Comments:
That's funny. You seem to do just fine asking me to help you do all those things you mentioned.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?