Monday, January 23, 2006

 

Hate the Workout, Love the Results

I have been on this workout kick for a few months now. Not counting December, I have been going 2-3 times per week to a local gym. I do cardio, stretching, weights, etc. It has helped my energy level and also really clears my mind. I think I am definitely in better shape right now than this time last year. During this time, I have learned 2 things about myself. 1) I hate working out. 2) I love what working out does for me physically and mentally. I do not necessarily look forward to my hour or so of sweat, straining, strength building. Yes, I am more flexible than I have ever been (not counting the glory years--High School). I am stronger than I have been in years. I have found that I have more energy and find myself actually wanting to eat better. But I sure do hate the price I pay for these results. Just now as I am writing this, I am secretly thinking of excuses on why I shouldn't go today. But I know I will. I know I will drag myself there, workout, shower and feel totally glad I did.

I know, I know everyone is waiting for the spiritual analogy. I am not giving one. You can make up your own. I am simply saying that sometimes you have to suffer some uncomfortable moments so that you can feel better, think better etc. I would be curious to see how many out there suffer through something but the results. Let's hear it....

Comments:
yeah dude, i feel you on this one. with wrestling, i literally have to force myself to to work-outs/practice or i will just keep making up exscuses of why i shouldnt or cant go. but one big advantage of working hard is that i've have gotten in crazy good shape and i'm more limber. but yeah working out definitely makes you feel better about yourself and it sure motivates me to stay in shape. -bshunk
 
Chris, I dislike working out too! I dread it...I really wish I could make myself get up super early in the mornings and go to the gym. Then it would be done with and I would not have to think about it for the rest of the day!

But I am in the best shape I have ever been! So, praise God for good health!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?