Tuesday, December 19, 2006

 

Outward Appearance

Ok, I am addicted to TV. And sadly, I am addicted to weird shows. I watched the Wife Swap on ABC last night and also a new show called Identity. Weirdly enough they had something in common. For those that have lives, Identity is a new show that asks a contestant to wade through the identities of 12 people. They have to match what they appear to be with what they actually are or do. And on Wife Swap one of the moms that swapped families was obsessed with her (and her families) outward appearance. She felt that what people first see stays with them and outweighs inward beauty. Anyway, it made me think. Aren't we all like that? I mean we all look at people and make snap judgements about them, their past, their present, their future just by what they look like. This game show was really a true example of looking at the outward appearance without one peak at what someone may be on the inside. In fact the folks that are being judged by their appearance are not allowed to talk and must stand there stone faced. I think this show is a good commentary on the world we live in. We are worried much more about the outside of ourselves than the inside. Or maybe its just me.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?