Thursday, June 28, 2007

 

This Reminds Me...


I am reminded (these days) of a time back about 15 years ago when I used to work nights at a grocery store. From 1991-1994 I worked mostly the 10pm to 8 am shift as a stocker and grocery manager. It was a good job that paid well but left me pretty much tired all the time. I eventually settled into a good sleep pattern--meaning I could sleep anywhere, anytime, from 20 minutes to 10 hours. I actually remember one time when I stayed up 4 days then slept 22 hours to catch up.

I feel a lot like that now being a new dad. We just sleep when we can and take turns with the little guy who seems to be on his own schedule. But I am not complaining. I love every minute of it. Besides I am staying up for a much better reason than making sure we have enough tuna on the grocery shelves or seeing to it that the sack bins are full. I am sure that I will sleep some day but for now, I just stare at Cade and love him and sometimes remember the training I had staying up late getting ready for this time of life.

Comments:
welcome to the club. Blake still gets up somewhere between 2 a.m. and 4 a.m. to tell me he has to go the bathroom. this dad thing is fun, and sleep will happen in the future, maybe. we love you guys.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?