Wednesday, April 06, 2005

 

All Riled Up

What get's you all riled up? What makes you feel so uneasy that you just can't hardly stand it? Anything? If the answer is nothing, then I say you need to get out more. Me, I am feeling pretty riled up these days. So if you want a nice tame blog to read, stop reading this one right now. Now, for all those that stayed, let me just say a few things. Oh, and feel free to comment.
1. I think God is cool. I think Jesus rocks. I think the church can be a an amazing community of support and connection for so many. So why do we continually allow other things to get in the way of God? Why do we continually bow at the altar in them temple of Hollywood or Oprah or Dr. Phil or gaming systems or Texas hold 'em?
2. I think the Bible is God's inspired word. I don't understand all of it and struggle to get through certain parts of it. But I think there are probably different ways or methods of sharing it's truths with people that don't know it or don't believe it. I am wondering if our churches should rethink the way it is taught...not what is taught just the method used to teach it.
3. I want to be Clean. I want to be New. I want to be useful to God. I to be used by God. I want a revolution of the Spirit. I want revival to happen in our schools or homes and our churches. I want prayer to be taken seriously. I want the love of people to be more important than the love of things or rules.

But I am a fool. I am crazy. I am unbelievably lost. I am looking for shore on a calm spring day. I am circling the runway with not a cloud in the sky. I am searching for buried treasure right above an X. But I am hopeful, oh I am hopeful. I am faithful. I am foolish (as the world defines it). I am pushed but not broken. I am pulled but not torn. I am stretched but not broken. I am weak but so very strong. I am all riled up but as calm as I can be. I am confused but very clear headed. I am busy but focused. I think being a little fired up is good sometimes. But being fire up for God is life changing all the time. I think its time we get a little riled up.

Comments:
Giddie-up!
 
amen. couldnt have said it better myself, chris! i think that if churches taught God's word in a more modern manner, people would know how to relate it to our modern world. then us christians would find it easier to bring others to God. just a thought.
-shanna

ps. i had a lovely time at retreat!
 
I liked your comment about being clean. It is such a great feeling to shower and towel off and feel so clean and fresh. I love starting my day that way. It also feels great to exercise really hard and get all sweaty and sticky and then to take a cool shower and feel smooth and dry. It is even better to be baptized and feel spiritually clean and forgiven of all your sins. Clean. Let's try to stay clean and fresh for Jesus.

Mrs. Shunk
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?